Impressive opening session where we heard from a large set of users of i2b2 including (forgive me for selective memory and the Boston folks explicitly excluded):
- at UNC/South Carolina and regionally
- lots of work on biobanking
- ACT network across CTSAs
- Cancer Centers (e.g. the Kimmel Cancer Center)
- University of Alabama (part of SHRINE) and Cimino
- Deborah Batson from Colorado ensuring that good stuff is available to local researchers.
- Microbiome data integrated with i2b2 in Germany. R Script.
- October 9th- European i2b2 AUG meeting in Leicester, UK
- TriNetX engaged in several productive contracts.
- San Antonio (part of a PCORI) working on closing the gap between biostatistics and
- UC Davis, UCSF part of a large
- Autoimmune Foundation aligning multiple small groups.
- Dan Baker at EPIC gave a lot of encouragement about collaboration and integration with i2b2
- Adding statistical capabilities to the web client
- Genomic full sequence integration with EHR
- University of Florida (70+ papers published using i2b2)
- Russ W. from Kansas spoke about a wide range of applications and Cerner integration.
Doug MacFadden gave an update on i2b2 SHRINE.
Nich demonstrated real-time 21-site (yes, twenty-one clinical sites) responding to queries. He also demonstrated vetting recruited patients through a new set of i2b2 plugins.
Ken talked about involving patients and recruiting patients with SMART apps.